Inspire Challenge Empower
Moodle has been upgraded to version 2.7
During the upgrade to version 2.7, if you used the onetopic, calendar, or grid format, those pages were reset to the default format of 'topics'. The onetopic, calendar, and grid format plugins have been reinstalled. To change the format, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to your class.
- Open Course Administration >Edit Settings.
- Scroll down and click on the Format.
- Change to the format you want to use and then set the number of days or instances that you want visible.
- Save-If you selected the same number of instances as you had in the old version you should see everything that you have. If not, go back and increase the number until you do. BE SURE the Course ID number is blank, it may have auto-filled to your user name.
- If you need assistance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience!
Enrolling students in Moodle:
We will mass enroll students into your course at any time. Please send an email to *ITSupport when you are ready for the student upload. However, you may also have a new student that needs to be added as a new user, or needs to be enrolled in your course after mass enrollment has been completed.
This is very easy for the instructor or for the student to do and is sometimes faster than emailing us at *ITSupport. Here are some easy instructions for you to follow.
Click here: Enrolling New Students in Moodle & Course
To Reset your course:
The Reset option allows you to rename the course, remove all the previous students and clear the gradebook, while keeping all the content, assignments, and non-student members of the class (like you the teacher) enrolled. Please click on the link provided below for instructions on how to reset your course.
Click here: How to Reset Your Moodle course
Friday Testing in Moodle:
We are excited that the usage of Moodle has continued to grow this year. It is amazing to look at the logs and see how many students are using Moodle outside of the school day. This is a tribute to the time and effort that you as teachers have put in to Moodle in order to provide your students with additional learning opportunities.
To improve performance during testing, please consider moving your testing to a different day. The overload seems to be occurring during 3rd and 4th periods with some carry over into the 5th period on Fridays.
Thank you for your help!
Need Quick Help Tips?
Click on icon for access to Moodle HELP.